Insituform Technologies Limited is looking for an experienced Safety Technician.
Insituform Technologies, Inc. is a leading worldwide provider of cured-in-place pipe (CIPP) and other technologies and services for the rehabilitation of pipeline systems. Insituform's businesses consist of sewer, drinking water, and energy and mining pipeline rehabilitation and protection. The company provides cost-effective solutions to remediate operational, health, regulatory and environmental problems resulting from aging and defective pipelines. Insituform's technologies allow its customers to avoid the extraordinary expense and extreme disruption that can result from traditional "dig and replace" methods. For more information, visit www.insituform.com.
• Promote acceptance of sound safety practices and encourage full participation of all company personnel
throughout the operations
• Work directly and build relationships with Field Management to balance environmental, health & safety
requirements with production goals to ensure compliance with safety-related regulations, systems and
• Perform random inspections of job sites, facilities, equipment, vehicles, and investigations.
• Solve safety related problems on the work site.
• Immediately deal with identified problems by giving specific advice for the correction of the problem(s) to
the General Superintendent, Superintendent, Foreman or worker as appropriate.
• Complete onboarding for new hires ensuring they are fit for duty and competent.
• Complete new drivers assessments – testing for skills, knowledge, and provide training in logbook
procedures and pre/post trip inspections.
• Recommend safety-related programs, activities, recognition for employees
• Provide various types of Environmental, Health & Safety training to all levels of employees
• Have or working toward an OHS certificate, diploma, university degree or related education;
• 2 or more years of related field experience in a construction environment
• NCSO or CRSP (or equivalent) certification would be an asset.
• Must be able to work independently and take ownership of work
• Familiar with Federal and Provincial Environmental, Health & Safety regulations
• Willingness to travel up to 60% and to be on site at least 90% of the time.
• Exceptional communication skills as well as tact and diplomacy
• Certification to perform training requirements such as HAZWOPER, Confined Space Entry and Rescue and
first aid training
• Driver’s License Class 5 and Clean Drivers Abstract
• Ability to facilitate CPR.