Insituform Technologies Limited is looking for a Construction Manager/Estimator.
Insituform® Technologies, an Aegion company, is a leading worldwide provider of cured-in-place pipe (CIPP) and other technologies and services for the rehabilitation of pipeline systems. Insituform's businesses consist of sewer, and drinking water pipeline rehabilitation and protection. The company provides cost-effective solutions to remediate operational, health, regulatory and environmental problems resulting from aging and defective pipelines. Insituform's technologies allow its customers to avoid the extraordinary expense and extreme disruption that can result from traditional "dig and replace" methods. For more information, visit www.insituform.com.
• Plan, direct and manage activities of assigned projects to ensure that company objectives for customer satisfaction, safety, quality, production, revenue and profit are met within a prescribed time frame.
• Performs pre-bid activities including job surveys for estimating as required.
• Works with Area Manager in preparing and managing job estimate, risk analysis, bids, proposals and budgets.
• Responsible for site surveys, contract execution/project start-up, and closeout.
• Directly supervises sub-contractors and vendors on the Project Site providing oversight and project support for production, safety, quality and project management standards.
• Works with customers, crews and sub-contractors to resolve operational and technical issues and challenges.
• Create and provide transfers and work schedules to appropriate internal parties and sub-contractors.
• Administer Internal Project Meetings with the Superintendents, and appropriate sub-contractors to make necessary changes and finalize the work schedule.
• Attend the customer’s Pre-Construction Meeting and ensures necessary staff and sub-contractors attend.
• Procure Critical Project Documents (necessary permits, submittals, sub-contractor insurance requirements) required by the specifications or client.
• Monitor projects daily and record production and job costs into the project management system.
• Prepare weekly and monthly Project Progress Reports as required.
• Identify changes in the scope of work to determine if there is an opportunity or need to submit a Change Order Request to the customer.
• Facilitate and execute all Change Orders with the customer.
• Plan and hold Project Status Meetings with the customer, sub-contractors, Senior Project Manager and Superintendents as necessary.
• Act as liaison between field and office.
• Monitor and verify all sub-contractor production daily and record progress in the project management system.
• 10 or more years related field construction project management experience with experience in water/sewer, open cut and municipal environment.
• Experience managing sub-contractors and managing multimillion-dollar projects.
• Bachelor of Science degree Civil Engineering.
• Designation as a P.Eng. or C.E.T. in Ontario.
• Ability to plan, schedule and assign work of crews including training and communication updates.
• Must have a solid understanding of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and databases, Microsoft Project, Primavera and JD Edwards software experience an asset.
• Ability to prioritize and manage several projects simultaneously and comfortable working in a dynamic environment in the construction industry.
• Ability to travel approximately 30% travel.
We offer career advancement opportunities, competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package.
If you are interested in applying for this exciting career opportunity, please access and apply at http://insituform.com/CompanyInformation/Careers